McQuearyClan

McQuearyClan....We have found that this site is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Where Has The Time Gone?

















Where has the time gone? This has been quite a busy summer...and there doesn't seem to be a slow down anytime soon. The days are just flying by! The years are flying by as well. On Saturday, 07/07/07, my son, Michael, was married to Katie Seidenwand. The ceremony was beautiful. I did pretty good during most of the weekend, the rehersal, rehersal dinner and the hours leading up to the wedding. But when it came to the wedding ceremony, I cried like a baby. Check that. I cried like a proud father of the groom. (Dang It, I'm starting to tear up now as I post this blog.) I didn't see him as a grown man marrying the love of his life. I saw him as a baby, born just minutes after his mom and I got to the hospital (and I almost missed that because I had to go back to the car for the camera). I saw him as a little boy driving a dune buggy car in Grandma and Grandpa's house one Christmas morning. I saw him riding the Train in Dollywood and the Carousel at Kings Island. I saw him at almost 11 years old as my Best Man when Anna and I were married. I saw him graduating High School and then College. Where has the time gone?
















Jenna was one of the flower girls and Logan and Devin did a fine job of placing the runner down the isle for the bridal party to walk on. Reagan was adorable as always. It was a beautiful wedding. My sister, Michael's aunt Sue, had a reading from Scripture during the ceremony.

The Grandparents were recognized during the service including mention of those who have passed away including my Dad, Jack McQueary. Pictured here from left to right are my Mom, Katie, Michael, Grandma Peggy and step Grandma Judy.

Jenna made instant friends with the other girls.

Aren't my wife and daughter beautiful?

We are so proud of Michael and Katie. Katie is teaching school in Annapolis MD. Michael is working in Washington, DC for Congresswoman Schmidt. The Congresswoman attended the wedding and when she came through the receiving line, she pulled me close and said in my ear, "I just love your son". That made me feel so good. he is a good boy...uh,er... man.

Anna, the kids and I went on to Niagara Falls, Canada for a few days after the wedding.
HA! Michael and Katie get married and we go on the honeymoon! I'll post some pictures of our trip later.









1 Comments:

At 11:39 PM, Blogger RCO Banks said...

Oh My Goodness, I can't believe Michael is married. I remember him as a shy little kid.

I'm happy for him!
Chrissy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home