McQuearyClan

McQuearyClan....We have found that this site is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Baptism

Anna and I are so pleased to share with you the baptism of Logan, Devin and Jenna. The kids participated in a class at church where they learned what it means to become and live as a Christian.

They came to a point where they said they believe in forgiveness of sin by grace through the blood of Jesus Christ. They believed that one receives God's grace by putting faith in Christ, repenting of sin, confessing Christ as Lord, and being immersed with Christ in baptism.

It was AWESOME to be able to baptize my children! I told the kids that today their names were being written in the Book of Life. I said that, although the world doesn't understand, we became brothers and sisters in Christ because we share a Heavenly Father. And I reminded them that the very angels in heaven were partying today because of their decision.

As you view these pictures, if you have had anything to do with the Spiritual upbringing of my children...thank you.









The kids were able to sign the wall behind the baptistry. Devin's and Jenna's are on the same picture. Logan turns 13 on the 27th. He wrote, "The Best Birthday Ever".
Our prayer for our kids is that they continue to grow in Christ. Please make that your prayer as well.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." Matthew 28:19, 20a (NIV)

4 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so happy that they made that decision and that you got the opportunity to baptize them. Thank you for being a good influence in their life and for doing your best as a father!

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so glad I got to see the kids give their lives to God. It was awsome!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for inviting me Jill

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger RCO Banks said...

OK, those pictures made me cry. I am so sorry I wasn't able to be there. I am so proud of your kids (my brothers and sisters).

Phil 1:20-21

Love,
Chrissy

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Mike&Michele said...

Praise God! That is wonderful, So happy for you all,
God Bless yall!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home